Care Visions is passionate about supporting our young people, spending time with them and getting to know them for who they are. You don’t need to be a parent to become a foster carer and there are no formal qualifications required as training will help fill gaps in existing knowledge.
There are a couple of basic requirements we look for someone to enquire. This is so we can best support and be in the best place to progress forward. These are:
• That they are over 25 years old
• That they have a spare bedroom to offer
We work with lots of fostering families who come in all shapes and sizes. We are looking for carers who:
• Enjoy spending time with children and young people
• Have the energy and resilience to care for a child for as long as they need this
• Bring fun and enthusiasm to caring for children
• Can work as part of team around the child, such as social workers, health workers, families, and education professionals
• Has experience looking after children either in their own family, through working with children and young people, or through volunteering
• Who are committed to learning and attending training with Care Visions to help gain understanding of children’s needs
• Are respectful of individuality and diversity, accepting young people for who they are
If you have these qualities and wish to make a difference in the life of a child or young person, we would love to hear from you.
Simply fill out the form below to get your FREE foster carer info pack. By filling in the form there is no obligation to foster, we just want to discuss with you where you are at and help you on your journey.