Salary: £33,000 to £37,000 p/a
Supervising Social Worker
Field Based/Office Base - Stirling
£33,000 - £37,000 p/a
Respect, Compassion, Safety, Integrity.
These are the values that we live by in the Care Visions Community.
As a qualified Social Worker with experience of working with children and families or in family placement, you will likely live by these values as well.
This post offers the opportunity to join a committed and enthusiastic team of professional social workers who practice these values on a daily basis.
In this role, you will have the remit to ensure quality of placements provided by foster carers, by providing support, supervision and training as appropriate.
You will also have the opportunity to work alongside referring social workers to identify and support foster carers, provide family-based care to children and young people and ensure that looked after children achieve the most positive outcomes.
You will already have a proven track record of working with and on behalf of children, respecting and maintaining their individuality and promoting their positive development, so this may be a logical next step for you.
As part of the Care Visions Community you will develop knowledge and skills in the specialist area of family placement within the most supportive of settings.
You will also benefit from:
- Small caseloads
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
- Opportunity to be involved in Form F Assessments as well as supervising placements and Theraplay
The experience and qualities we are looking for are:
- Degree in Social Work or relevant qualification in the field, such as DipSW, CQSW. (essential)
- Registered with the Social Services Council, or other British equivalent
- Solid experience in fieldwork, residential or in a family placement setting
- Proactive team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to work flexibly and independently
- Good working knowledge of child protection procedures and legislation as applied to looked after children in Scotland
- A good working knowledge and understanding of the issues facing parents and foster carers.
- A full clean driving license and use of car (travel across Scotland will be required)
This is an extremely rewarding role, where you could make a real and significant difference to the lives of children and young people in crisis.
If you would like to be considered for this post then please click the apply button and we will get back to you with a full job description and further details.