Operations Manager (Fostering Team)
Office Base – Stirling or Lockerbie
Full Time (37 hrs p/w, Mon – Fri)
£40,000 - £45,000 p/a
Experienced Social Work Manager in need of a challenge? We have a great opportunity to join the leadership team at Care Visions Fostering.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced practitioner in Family Placement to join us as an Operations Manager within our Fostering Team.
As part of the leadership team, your contribution will go a long way to helping develop the strategic direction of the service.
You will be given the important responsibility for the day to day management of the Care Visions Fostering Service, including the management of a team of supervising social workers, support to carers and delivery of quality packages of support to children.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Degree in Social Work or relevant qualification in the field, such as BA/ DipSW, CQSW (essential)
- Post Qualifying Awards Leadership and Management, Practice Teaching, Child Protection Certificate etc (desirable)
- A minimum of two years experience relevant to Family Placement
- Registered with the Social Services Council or other British equivalent
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead and develop a team of experienced professional social workers
- Thorough knowledge of child protection procedures and legislation as applied to looked after children in Scotland
- Ability to use and develop systems to improve quality assurance and good practice within the service
- A full clean driving license and use of car (travel across Scotland will be required)
- Ability to participate in the Regional Out of Hours Service on a rota basis
What you’ll get in return:
- You will join a very supportive, creative and forward- thinking organisation who will share your passion for enabling children who are living with their fostering families to thrive and develop, ensuring they achieve the best outcomes. As well as this, you will receive:
- Competitive salary and Car Allowance
- Generous Annual Leave entitlement
- Flexible working arrangements
- Induction and ongoing training
- Freedom to be innovative in both service delivery and service improvement
Please hit "apply" and we will send you details on the next steps of the application process, as well as a full job description.
For an informal conversation about the role please contact Margaret Hagan, Senior Manager on 01786 477810.
Closing Date - 9th September 2019